Tuesday, November 19, 2013

No one knows more than I do the storms that rock a marriage.  I have stood in the midst of the tempest, gasping for air knowing I would soon be overcome by the wind and the torrential downpour.  I have pleaded for relief.  My faith has faltered.  Yet, here I stand today loving my husband more than I did yesterday.  We share an intimate connection I never believed possible.  How did we overcome the deluge of doubt and dissent?  We took hold of the only life line that could have possibly saved us.  We were pulled from the deep waters and rescued from the storm.

God is our source of hope.  Intimacy begins and ends with Him.  He knows our hearts' desires more than we do.  He created us to be in perfect harmony with another human being.  Marriage was instituted in the Garden of Eden many, many years ago when man was without a suitable companion and God gave him woman.  A bond was formed with God as the glue, and it was perfect.  It wasn't until man fell out of communion with God that he started to pull away from his wife and blame her for his regretful choices.  Without God, there is no hope of intimacy.

Do you have intimacy with God?  Can you pray with your spouse?  Is God your glue?

2 Samuel 22:17 "He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters."

No comments:

Post a Comment